You visit a spine surgeon in India and they will have to mention about laser spine surgery. It does happen to be a minimal invasive procedure whereby painful conditions of the spine are treated. In this procedure there is no need for the spinal canal to be opened up. The surgery is undertaken with the aid of small incisions in the spine and it could less than half an inch. This method has gone on to replace the conventional method of spine surgeries. With the help of laser lights surgeons are able to remove the bone spurs.
The advantages of laser spine surgery?
- First and foremost it goes on to treat a wide range of spinal conditions. As compared to a conventional spine surgery, the risk factor with laser spine surgery is on the lesser side
- If you have been experiencing pain for a considerable period of time and massage has not provided relief then consider the benefits of laser spine surgery. It is an outpatient procedure where recovery time is faster and risks are less. Many patients are assured timely relief with a couple of weeks after this surgery
- It works out to be a less invasive procedure, when you compare it to the traditional form of surgery. The major difference between the two is that in case of traditional surgery you would require application of anaesthesia whereas laser surgery does require a general anaesthesia. What it does indicate is that the risk of complications from this surgery is rare reducing complications to a large extent.
- Fewer incisions do mean that the recovery time is less and the pain is trifle low. It is going to improve the quality of life by leaps and bounds.
If you are planning to get this surgery done, then a few things need to be done from your end
- If possible choose among the top 10 surgeons in India. Though a neurosurgeon can perform most back surgeries, but make it a point that your surgeon is experienced and qualified as well
- Do talk to people who have had been part of such a surgery in the past. When you discuss with them you can anticipate what the problems are in store and how do you intend to cope up with it
- Stop smoking as it is going to reduce the complications associated with this surgery
- Regular exercise and make it a point that your diet should be balanced and full of nutritious food. Get enough amount of sleep and you need to be as healthy as possible after surgery
- Any form of medications needs to be stopped 10 to 15 days before surgery as they can thin the blood and make the bleeding more prominent. If you are into blood thinners you need to discuss this with the surgeon.
Once the surgery is over you will be well equipped with all the information necessary on what is too expected. It is suggested that you do follow the guidelines of your health care provider.